Hi Aaron, Thanks for the feedback. On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 1:42 PM Aaron Ecay wrote: > Hi Kaushal, > > It seems like a good idea. My two comments are: > > - Remember that ox-html can export to HTML4, so the code would need to > detect that case and have a sensible fallback > Yes, I think that would need to be handle just as ox-html does now.. use div tags instead of details and summary tags. > - The approach of looking for “magic” strings in the contents seems > hackish. What if the summary was treated as a caption? > I also feel like that's a hack, but seems quite robust and functional at least in my tests. The main reason to make summary part of details was to no impose a one-paragraph limit on summaries. Here's my pathological test for this feature: https://ox-hugo.scripter.co/test/posts/details-and-summary/ #+caption: Open for details > #+begin_details > Many details here. > #+end_details > > (Admittedly, the mismatch between “caption” and “summary” is not ideal, > but caption is the only suitable keyword that the syntax gives us...). > I agree. caption doesn't go well with details.. looks like making a stew out of whatever's in the fridge. Hope that bad metaphor makes sense :) Another idea would be: > > #+begin_details > #+summary: Open for details. > Many details here. > #+end_details > HTML allows multi-paragraph summaries.. (see my test link above). Expanding on your idea.. what if we had another Special block with name summary? #+begin_details #+begin_summary Open for details More summary. #+end_summary Many details here. #+end_details It doesn't look as pretty as using the magic string "---", but it should work. But still not sure.. > Just food for thought... > I appreciate that. -- Kaushal Modi