Thanks Nick, I confirmed later that `C-c *` worked over region for me too. -- Kaushal Modi On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > Kaushal Modi writes: > > > I realized that the default binding `C-c *` works only on the current > line, not the whole selection (and the same applies to the opposite `C-c > -`). > > > > It would be great to have those commands work over a region too. > > > > I don't think that's right - at least, when I tried it with a region, it > worked. I just didn't know about it (or, more likely, didn't remember it) > before Christian mentioned it. > > The docstring for the function says: > > ,---- > | org-toggle-heading is an interactive Lisp function in > | ‘../org-mode/lisp/org.el’. > | > | (org-toggle-heading &optional NSTARS) > | > | Convert headings to normal text, or items or text to headings. > | If there is no active region, only convert the current line. > `---- > > Is transient mark mode enabled? I think it's enabled by default > nowadays, but maybe you turned it off? > > Nick > > > > >