On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 1:47 AM Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Wednesday, 26 Sep 2018 at 13:11, Kaushal Modi wrote: > > I had been wondering for quite some time (about since 5 months :P) why > > my Org captures have stopped auto-saving. > > This has been really annoying me for some time. Thanks for the code > you've posted which I will try out. I use at least 2 instances of Emacs, 1 > for gnus which often leads to capturing notes and tasks and the others for > writing etc. Not having an automatic save can lead to problems. > I'd suggest reverting that commit. Removing save-buffer from org-capture-finalize, makes the whole concept of Org Capture very unsafe (i.e. no guarantee that the captured date will be saved - unless the finalize hooks workaround is used). It feels like a bit more extra work is needed to make org capture do the "right thing". If the hooks are not configured, then there's a mental overhead of having to save all the capture target buffers manually. @tumashu You can easily avoid saving of the capture target buffers on your phone by adding this to the emacs config just on your phone: (defun advice/dont-save-during-org-capture (orig-fun &rest args) "Make `save-buffer' do nothing during `org-capture-finalize'." (cl-letf (((symbol-function #'save-buffer) (lambda () (message "Skipping `save-buffer' in `org-capture-finalize'") nil))) (apply orig-fun args))) (advice-add 'org-capture-finalize :around #'advice/dont-save-during-org-capture) Above just makes save-buffer to do nothing, but *only* in org-capture-finalize. Summary: - Proposal to revert https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/b4422add3745c26ec3b2e11b8da425844b2e9d3d - Use the above advice if you don't want to save buffer during org-capture.