Can you recreate the org-mode hangs on the latest commit of the stable (maint) branch? Do git checkout maint instead of git checkout release_9.0. That's said, I have yet to see emacs hang up due to org. I am on the master branch of org. On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 1:41 PM Shiyuan wrote: > Hi all, > I am using emacs 24.5 (shipped with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS). When I try to > switch to org release 9.0 from git repos, emacs hangs when starting up, > > This is what I did for switching to release_9.0 > > git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git > cd org-mode > git checkout release_9.0 > make autoloads > -- Kaushal Modi