Hello, Lately, I have seen myself end up in a scenario where the point is at | as shown below, and I need to insert an Org heading at point. ===== * heading - list item | content ===== Currently, I cannot any way to insert heading at point while *not respecting* the content, when the point is *immediately* after a list item. C-return, C-u C-return, M-return, C-u M-return, none work. I see that C-u C-return is "free". C-return is bound to `org-insert-heading-respect-content ' whose definition is simply: (defun org-insert-heading-respect-content (&optional invisible-ok) "Insert heading with `org-insert-heading-respect-content' set to t." (interactive) (org-insert-heading '(4) invisible-ok)) Would a patch be accepted that passes nil as ARG to org-insert-heading, instead of '(4)? ----- I am aware that M-return does what I want if I first manully insert newlines after a list to "break" the list (by first moving the point as shown below). ===== * heading - list item | (now do M-return) content ===== But still, having C-u C-return binding would be nicer.. -- Kaushal Modi