On Tue, Aug 8, 2017, 1:02 PM Adam Porter wrote: > > > Well, here's what I've noticed: > My observations have been the same. I strongly believe that GitHub needs to fix their parsing of Org verbatim/code text. Here's another similar problem with GitHub rendering Org verbatim, in tables: https://github.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/blob/master/README.org#formatting Note the ==monospace== text in the table. So maybe Wolfram is right here, and the the problems are with the way > the ...[=description=]] links are rendered in Emacs and on GitHub. > Yup. Another reason to believe so is that [[https://www.example.com][=description=]] is equivalent to [`description`](https://www.example.com) in Markdown, and GitHub renders the Markdown version fine. Also, below won't be rendered as a link :) `[description](https://www.example.com)` > -- Kaushal Modi