On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:52 PM Ingo Lohmar wrote: > I am writing to the org-mode list first, because I have only been able > to reproduce this problem in org-mode. > > With a recent Emacs master build, faces can have the :extend t property > to indicated that they should extend after the newline. This is useful > for a user to customize, eg, for `org-block', and it also applies to > default faces like `region', `highlight' or `secondary-selection'. > Hello, I have been seeing this issue too, but I haven't found time to create a proper bug report for it. But now that you have this email, I am forwarding this to the Emacs devel list too. The issue occurs because of the new :extend feature for faces to extend till end of lines. With that enabled, I have also seen that the cursor "hides" automatically only at end of lines inside the Org source blocks. i.e within #+begin_src emacs-lisp (message "hello")X #+end_src Above: X is where the cursor would be, but it would not be visible (with the :extend t added to the org-block face). The cursor would show up again on doing C-b i.e. bringing it to any column position other than the EOL. > Using this with a current elpa pkg of org-mode, and setting :extend t on > faces like `org-block`, "often" the cursor vanishes at the EOL of a line > using such a face. It reliably happens for `org-block', only sometimes > for `secondary-selection'. > > Has anybody else experienced that as well, or do you have any pointers > on how to further investigate this? I think I remember that org-mode does > something with text overlays, but I can't relate that to what I see. > > There might also be an issue with face inheritance and the new :extend > attribute --- I might post on emacs-devel to get a better idea of that > as well. > > Thanks, > Ingo > >