Hi Aaron, On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 2:36 PM Aaron Ecay wrote: > > I wasnʼt thinking about multiparagraph summaries. But actually, I > realize that your suggestion in response would work with only one small > change to a variable in ox-html. Yes, the proposal though supports these 2 things specific to details element: 1. Detecting "open" attribute via "#+attr_html: open". 2. Adding a wrapper

tag around the details portion following the

tag. Useful if user wants to set CSS rules for "details .details". > Assuming there are no objections, we could make this tweak to > ‘org-html-html5-elements’ in org core. I don't mind adding that to ox-html. Just that the details disclosure implementation will be /slightly/ incomplete, but still very functional. I think “syntactic sugar” like > your original proposal could be implemented as a before-parsing-hook > that transforms the --- into the above syntax. > +1 > PS Once upon a time, I created ox-extras in contrib as a home for little > snippets like this hypothetical before-parsing-hook. It never really > took off, but maybe itʼs just biding its time... > Sure thing :) -- Kaushal Modi