Also, if the type is "src", shouldn't the point end up after "#+BEGIN_SRC"? Because the user will anyways need to type something there. Finally, I am trying to understand what this does: (if (bolp) (progn (skip-chars-backward " \n\t") (forward-line)) ;; snip ) If the point is at BOL, wouldn't that progn bring the point exactly to where it was, as the same BOL? Also isn't that progn equivalent to (forward-line 0)? I am probably missing something.. but seems to work the same with (unless (bolp) (end-of-line) (insert "\n")) replacing that whole (if ..) form. -- Kaushal Modi