I needed to have multi line titles exported in all formats consistently and that's when I need to use '\\' mid-line. -- Kaushal Modi On Sep 27, 2014 5:16 PM, "Nicolas Goaziou" wrote: > Hello, > > Richard Lawrence writes: > > > Does anyone know why the behavior of "\\" is presently restricted to > > appearing at the end of the line in a paragraph? > > I certainly can see a good reason for it, although I don't know if it is > the historical one. > > Org syntax is primarily intended for Org documents. When in an _Org_ > buffer, what would be the meaning of a line break in the middle of > a line? > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >