On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 6:48 AM claude fuhrer wrote: > Thank you for your advice. My emacs version is 24.3.1 (the standard > version packaged with Linux Mint 17.2). > The latest stable version right now is 24.5. See if you can install it directly from the release tarball. I will try if I can install emacs25. > The next release vesion after 24.5 is going to be 25.1. While it is not yet released, I have been using the versions built from the git emacs-25 branch and they are very stable from my experience. Feel free to try the latest pretest as of today: http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-25.0.95.tar.xz if building emacs locally from git is not an option. -- Kaushal Modi