On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 12:08 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Kaushal Modi writes: > > > I didn't follow that. Do you mean that the "EXPORT_" is a special > > prefix? > > I do. See (info "(org) Export settings"). > Thanks! Sorry for not reading that earlier. For reference: > When exporting sub-trees, special node properties in them can override the above keywords. They are special because they have an ‘EXPORT_’ prefix. For example, ‘DATE’ and ‘OPTIONS’ keywords become, respectively, ‘EXPORT_DATE’ and ‘EXPORT_OPTIONS’. Except for ‘SETUPFILE’, all other keywords listed above have an ‘EXPORT_’ equivalent. > > Should that be added to these? > > > > ===== > > :options-alist '((:hugo-front-matter-format "HUGO_FRONT_MATTER_FORMAT" > nil > > org-hugo-front-matter-format) > > (:hugo-tags "HUGO_TAGS" nil nil) > > ===== > > If you set this, you can access to EXPORT_HUgo_TAGS property > with :hugo-tags. > Thanks. That works. Just curious though.. if one specifies certain keywords to be exporter specific keywords in the backend definition in :options-alist, it is evident that those keywords are specifically for export. Should the requirement to have "EXPORT_" prefix before them be relaxed? Do you foresee things not happening right if we started doing that? > > I already tried above, but I don't know how to get the ":HUGO_TAGS" value > > from the property drawer, in subtreep export only, in the body filter > (with > > only body and info available). > > (plist-get info :hugo-tags) > I was already doing that, but I was missing the "EXPORT_" prefix in the property drawer keys. Thanks! > > Otherwise, you simply need to retrieve it and store it before calling > >> `org-export-to-file' or whatever. > > > > > > Hmm, will give this a try.. may be look at the pre export hook? > > You can also do that, if you don't use the "EXPORT_" prefix above. > Using "EXPORT_" prefix works, but then the keys become too wordy; example: EXPORT_HUGO_CATEGORIES. So I have two options: - Make use of the inbuilt EXPORT_ prefix and get rid of the "HUGO_" prefix from the exporter backend definition. Then if categories are specified per-Org-file, it would look like "#+CATEGORIES: foo bar", and if they are specified per subtree, it would look like ":EXPORT_CATEGORIES: foo bar" in the property drawer. - Do not use the "EXPORT_" keyword in the property drawers, but then either do the pre-export parsing, or.. above suggestion to update Org ox to not require "EXPORT_" before FOO if FOO is a special keyword defined in the backend? > However, you need to expand the buffer first, because it will be > narrowed to the current subtree. I need exactly that. My idea is to have a single Org file with one subtree per a blog post. So each subtree will have meta data about that post, like data, categories, etc. -- Kaushal Modi