Ah! I made a typo in the example above; here's the corrected one: * Link source :PROPERTIES: :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: link-source :END: - Link to [[#link-dest][Link dest]] * Link dest :PROPERTIES: :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: link-dest :CUSTOM_ID: link-dest :END: ("Link source" and "Link dest" subtrees are at the same level. So exporting just "Link source" subtree does not 'see' the "Link dest" subtree.) On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 3:17 PM Kaushal Modi wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to make org-export-resolve-id-link look for link resolution > outside the current scope? > > I just threw in a (save-restriction (widen) ..) inside > org-export-resolve-id-link, and that of course did not work (and thus this > email). > > Below is a little example: > > * Link source > :PROPERTIES: > :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: link-source > :END: > - Link to [[#link-dest][Link dest]] > ** Link dest > :PROPERTIES: > :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: link-dest > :CUSTOM_ID: link-dest > :END: > > - I would like to export just the "Link source" subtree (let's say C-c C-e > C-s t A), and have the link resolve to the "link-dest" CUSTOM_ID. > - To put this the other way, I want to export just the subtree, but look > at the whole buffer for link resolution. > > I know that does not make sense, but I need that for the Hugo exporter > backend. > > Application: I have one subtree (Hugo post) containing a CUSTOM_ID based > internal link to some other subtree (Hugo post), and I want to retain the > link reference. Hugo would then figure out the rest. > > What function could I advice and with what to make this happen? > > Thanks. > -- > > Kaushal Modi > -- Kaushal Modi