I think this covers it. ":float sideways" now works for both tables and figures, but ":float sidewaystable" is kept for backwards compatibility. I updated org.texi, and mentioned that the use of ":float sideways" will make the ":placement" option irrelevant. Attached are the two patches; the one from yesterday and the one that updates as described above. Cheers, Greg On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Greg Tucker-Kellogg writes: > > > This is a tiny patch to support a ":float sidewaysfigure" option in > > LaTeX backend export > > Thank you for the patch. > > It makes sense since tables provide "sidewaystable". By the way, > wouldn't it make sense to use "sideways" for both, instead of > "sidewaystable" and "sidewaysfigure"? > > Also, it needs to be documented in org.texi. Do you want to take care of > that part? > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >