From: James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com>
To: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>, Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-mobile-push vs. symlinks
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 17:59:29 +0800	[thread overview]

On Jan 4, 2013 11:34 PM, "Bastien" <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The outcome is the same as the first: document the issue.
>
> Org is yours :)

I worked in software support for awhile, so... I know what it means, e.g.,
when some behavior is labeled a "known issue" ;-)

I'm not sure of the procedure to contribute to the org manual, but I might
suggest something like this, under MobileOrg section B2:

~~
This operation copies all files currently listed in org-mobile-files to the
directory org-mobile-directory. By default this list contains all agenda
files (as listed in org-agenda-files), but additional files can be included
by customizing org-mobile-files. File names will be staged with paths
relative to org-directory, so all files should be inside this directory.*
... (rest of paragraph)

* It is recommended to store the source org files physically under
org-directory. If this is not practical, org-directory may contain symlinks
to the org files, provided that the symlink has the same name as the
original file. If the original file is called "mylife.org," then the
symlink should also be called mylife.org. If the names are different,
pulling edited nodes from MobileOrg will fail.
~~

hjh