On Jan 6, 2013 9:57 PM, "Bastien" wrote: > > Hi James, > > James Harkins writes: > > > I'm not sure of the procedure to contribute to the org manual, but I > > might suggest something like this, under MobileOrg section B2: > > I added a footnote: > http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=76684b5 (The thread that wouldn't die...) I just looked at the footnote text... why did we go from "symlinks work if the name is the same" to an unqualified "symlinks are not supported"? It isn't always feasible, or even desirable in some cases, to keep all your org files under org-directory. For instance, I have a separate project folder for a series of concerts to be given in the spring. If I back up this folder, I want the project's org file to come with it. The updated documentation seems to suggest that I should store the org file physically under org-directory and place a symlink under the project directory, making backups a bit more complex ("oh my, I forgot again what is the cp or rsync option to follow links... man page..."). I can accept the same-name requirement, but it really makes much more sense to me to keep org files physically with their projects. So I'd kindly request that future org-mobile changes avoid breaking the use of symlinks in org-directory (which currently does work). Documenting that symlinks are supported (with the one caveat about the filename) is a step in that direction. hjh