On Jan 19, 2014 12:32 AM, "Nicolas Goaziou" wrote: > I cannot reproduce the problems. Something seems to go wrong with your > `avl-tree' library. Is it loaded properly? Do you use an old Emacs? I see -- so, when I said it's broken in my environment, the operative words are "in my environment." I'm on emacs 23.something (whatever apt-get serves up for Ubuntu 12.04). That could be the problem. I'm in the middle of a big presentation/publishing project, so I think for now I should heed the usual advice not to muck about with a working configuration while in production. Emacs 23 + org 8.2.4 is working fine for me, so I'll stay with that until this project is finished. *Probably* the upgrade would be fine, but if it's not, I couldn't afford the downtime to fix it. I'll add a TODO to test an emacs upgrade later. Thanks for testing! hjh