* Digest configuration
       [not found] ` <CAFniQ7Uucvkj=k1YUy9cqcxqxys=_scSOgKmHqXQmdYaWBtYhw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-09-13 12:09   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-09-13 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If there is a very long message, the digest gets truncated. For instance,
in digest volume 79, issue 14, the fourth message consists of an immense
stack trace. The digest cuts off midway through. According to the table of
contents, that leaves 39 messages that I can't read without clicking around
in the archives... of course, I take digest delivery to avoid having to do
that.

There must be a smarter way to group messages into digests so that no
single digest is too big, while messages don't get lost.

hjh

* Re: Digest configuration
@ 2012-09-18  6:56     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-18  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jamshark70; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi James,

James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:

> There must be a smarter way to group messages into digests so that no
> single digest is too big, while messages don't get lost.

I assume this is about mailman digests.

If so, please report this to the mailman developers.

We don't have any way to fix this from here.

 Bastien

* Re: Digest configuration
@ 2012-09-19  0:29       ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-09-19  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: jamshark70, emacs-orgmode

On Sep 18, 2012 6:26 PM, "Bastien" <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > There must be a smarter way to group messages into digests so that no
> > single digest is too big, while messages don't get lost.
>
> I assume this is about mailman digests.
>
> If so, please report this to the mailman developers.
>
> We don't have any way to fix this from here.

I'm also subscribed to the lilypond-users list, also hosted at gnu.org, and
its digests have the same format, so I assume it's also mailman.
Lilypond-users, however, delivers several digests per day and there seems
to be a size cap on each one. If there are more posts in a day, I get more
digests, not one longer digest.

So I suppose the maximum digest size is already configurable without
logging an issue with the mailman devs.

hjh

* Re: Digest configuration
@ 2012-09-19  6:23         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-19  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jamshark70; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi James,

James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:

> So I suppose the maximum digest size is already configurable without
> logging an issue with the mailman devs.

Okay, I'll check this with the emacs-orgmode@ admins.

 Bastien

* Re: Digest configuration
@ 2012-09-19 18:41           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-09-19 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
>> So I suppose the maximum digest size is already configurable without
>> logging an issue with the mailman devs.
>
> Okay, I'll check this with the emacs-orgmode@ admins.

This is the variable digest_size_threshold (also editable from the web
interface), it sets how many kiB a digest may have before it is sent
out.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Digest configuration
@ 2012-09-21  8:55             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-21  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Bastien writes:
>>> So I suppose the maximum digest size is already configurable without
>>> logging an issue with the mailman devs.
>>
>> Okay, I'll check this with the emacs-orgmode@ admins.
>
> This is the variable digest_size_threshold (also editable from the web
> interface), it sets how many kiB a digest may have before it is sent
> out.

Thanks.  The list admins are on this.

--
 Bastien