On Sep 18, 2012 6:26 PM, "Bastien" wrote: > > Hi James, > > James Harkins writes: > > > There must be a smarter way to group messages into digests so that no > > single digest is too big, while messages don't get lost. > > I assume this is about mailman digests. > > If so, please report this to the mailman developers. > > We don't have any way to fix this from here. I'm also subscribed to the lilypond-users list, also hosted at gnu.org, and its digests have the same format, so I assume it's also mailman. Lilypond-users, however, delivers several digests per day and there seems to be a size cap on each one. If there are more posts in a day, I get more digests, not one longer digest. So I suppose the maximum digest size is already configurable without logging an issue with the mailman devs. hjh