You can put it anywhere you like--you can even have as many as you want: $ emacs -l /somedirectory/init1.el -l /someotherdirectory/init2.el Realize the default "init.el" is actually ~/.emacs so just ensure that your init.el file(s) don't conflict with it and/or throw the "-q" switch which ignores it On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 1:59 PM Renato Pontefice wrote: > To try to solve my prob on emacs on Mac osx, I’ve uninstalled and re > installe emacs (after have save my init.el that have some customization). > Now I would use this old init.el but I don’t know where th actual emacs > looks for init.el. > Can you suggest me where I can look for? > > > TIA > > Renato >