Would like to "allow the windows host to access the guest using SSH to run Emacs Org-Mode" suggestions: * Install Cygwin on Windows and use Cygwin's SSH tools & run X on Cygwin & login to your Linux virtual machine desktop ** Then can use X11VNC and/or TightVNC client if you run a VNC server of some sort on your VirtualBox virtual machine * Possibly you could install a NOMACHINE server {https://www.nomachine.com} on the Linux virtual machine & a windows NOMACHINE client on your Windows host machine & login to your Linux virtual machine desktop https://www.nomachine.com/ On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:08 AM Roland Everaert wrote: > I am a user of emacs on virtual machines at work, and the environment > works pretty well. I use virtual box as the provided workstation host > windows, but the virtual machine host a linux os though. The only thing I > didn't manage to do yet, is to allow the windows host to access the guest > using SSH. I have read many articles, but none of them seems to work :( > > Any suggestion for the latter topic, (off this list), is welcomed > > Regards, > > Roland. > > On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 7:27 AM Jens Lechtenboerger < > lechten@wi.uni-muenster.de> wrote: > >> On 2020-05-21, John Kitchin wrote: >> >> > What do you do with this image? I would be happy to continue this >> off-list >> > if it seems better. >> >> I generate self-study HTML presentations with audio as OER based on >> reveal.js. See there for a course about to start in two weeks: >> https://oer.gitlab.io/OS/ >> >> Material generated from this: >> https://gitlab.com/oer/OS/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml >> >> A howto: https://oer.gitlab.io/emacs-reveal-howto >> >> Best wishes >> Jens >> >>