* "That'd be cool if it worked, but at least in my case, it doesn't" --It works if you put line numbers at the beginning of each line--then it highlights the diff per line in both buffers/in both files--you do "Mx ediff-buffers" on--I know it works if you do--I tested it before I posted. I usually use "nl" (UNIX) to do this (quoting myself): ... nl sanskrit-song.txt > sanskrit-song_line-numbers-at-front.txt ... * Also, Thanks Nick for the pointing to notes on how to translate the english/roman script etc. and the updating of views related to this thread: "updated a thread on gnu.emacs.help with those suggestions: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.help/83724 On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > brian powell wrote: > > > > Make 2 files with line numbers at the begin of each line: > > nl sanskrit-song.txt > sanskrit-song_line-numbers-at-front.txt > > nl english-song.txt > english-song_line-numbers-at-front.txt > > emacs -q -l > sanskit-blah-mule-multilingual-emacs-programs-needed-to-show-sanskrit.el > > > sanskrit-song_line-numbers-at-front.txt english-song_line-numbers-at-front.txt > > Mx ediff-buffers > > Emacs will pop-up an ediff window--put your mouse cursor on it and tap > "?"--it will show you the > > ediff keys--"n" for "next different line" will be most helpful > > (ediff will ask for the 1st and 2nd buffer you want to compare--type > > in sanskrit-song_line-numbers-at-front.txt > and english-song_line-numbers-at-front.txt > > > > --then tapping "n" (with your cursor on the popped up ediff window) goes > line-by-songline in both > > buffers--highlighting the text for a sanskrit sing-along! > > > > "That'd be cool if it worked, but at least in my case, it doesn't: > diff decides there is one big diff that covers the whole file, > and ediff does not find a "better" refinement: no "n" > to follow the bouncing ball... > > Nick > > >