* http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/VisualLineMode --very intereting... ** This may explain why you found no help thru google: "Visual line mode is a new mode in Emacs 23 that is on by default." * "The following code convinces visual-line-mode to wrap at a given column by expanding the right margin of the buffer’s window. It’s worked pretty well for me, although it depends on being the only one that fiddles with the margins. --JamesWright (defvar visual-wrap-column nil) (defun set-visual-wrap-column (new-wrap-column &optional buffer) .... etc. ** To use the original behavior put the following in your .emacs: (setq line-move-visual nil) On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Paul Whipp wrote: > I can adjust the line-spacing variable but I'm looking for a way to > separate paragraphs when writing large amounts of text in org-mode. > Sticking in an extra carriage return works and has become my habit but it > is annoying when the text is copy/pasted or exported to certain formats > (such as libreoffice). > > I'd like to be able to set the line-spacing such that there is a nice > visible vertical gap where I've actually hit the carriage return to create > a new paragraph and a smaller vertical spacing where visual line mode has > emulated a carriage return for readability. This would probably help in my > elisp or python code too because it would make it easy to distinguish > wrapped and new lines. > > I've tried google but I can't see any way to do this. Can anyone suggest > where I should look for a solution? > > Regards, > Paul Whipp > > Office: 07 3103 2894 > Mobile: 0410 545 357 > > Do more business with your website! > > Joomla, Python, PHP and MySQL web application developer > > > > >