* Images in Tables?
@ 2012-02-08 10:08 Yu
From: Yu @ 2012-02-08 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any useful way, to organize images in
tables. This would be useful e.g. if one needs to organize some images
on a regular grid, but the images aren't equally sized, such that a
simple line break doesn't do the trick.

Creating just a table with the image links inside will work
/basically/, assuming that the images have an appropriate size, but if
resizing is needed, I can't see how to do this in a table (because
inside no e.g.  #+ATTR_LATEX line is possible).

The same problem also occurs when I want to preview images side-by-side, e.g.

  :  [[./img1.png]] [[./img2.png]]

though here actually newlines from fill-paragraph/auto-fill add to the
problem - as will be the size of some high-resolution images.

My only current solution is to use explicit LaTeX and then preview the
LaTeX, but that slows down operation considerably.

Is anything currently implemented to allow such usage?

* Re: Images in Tables?
@ 2012-02-08 15:07 ` brian powell
From: brian powell @ 2012-02-08 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Some ideas/workarounds--each of which I've tried and they work--but some
very computer intensive:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-10/msg01233.html

** Also, more specific to your question:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/thumbs.el

* What I like to do is make the images 16x16 pixels!

** Why 16x16!? Because favicons (WWW website icons) are 16x16....Strongly
suggest you make thumbs 16x16 and use thumbs.el and/or ImageMagick (free
software) to make your table icons/thumbs all the same size:

apt-get install imagemagick
mogrify -format gif -path thumbs -thumbnail 16x16 *.jpg

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Yu <yu_icq@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I was wondering if there is any useful way, to organize images in
> tables. This would be useful e.g. if one needs to organize some images
> on a regular grid, but the images aren't equally sized, such that a
> simple line break doesn't do the trick.
>
> Creating just a table with the image links inside will work
> /basically/, assuming that the images have an appropriate size, but if
> resizing is needed, I can't see how to do this in a table (because
> inside no e.g.  #+ATTR_LATEX line is possible).
>
> The same problem also occurs when I want to preview images side-by-side,
> e.g.
>
>  :  [[./img1.png]] [[./img2.png]]
>
> though here actually newlines from fill-paragraph/auto-fill add to the
> problem - as will be the size of some high-resolution images.
>
> My only current solution is to use explicit LaTeX and then preview the
> LaTeX, but that slows down operation considerably.
>
> Is anything currently implemented to allow such usage?

* Images in tables?
@ 2014-03-29  1:06 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2014-03-29  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm finishing a PDF document that will contain a number of screen shots.
I'd like to put them in a table to avoid just having them arranged
vertically on the page. Is there a way to do that?

Specifically, I'm using

#+ATTR_LATEX: :height 6cm

to set the heights of the images. Can that work with a table somehow?

Thanks!

-pd

--
----
Peter Davis

* Re: Images in tables?
@ 2014-03-29  2:58 ` Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2014-03-29  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> I'm finishing a PDF document that will contain a number of screen
> shots. I'd like to put them in a table to avoid just having them
> arranged vertically on the page. Is there a way to do that?

#+MACRO:  p   \includegraphics[scale=1]{$1}

| {{{p(a.png)}}} | {{{p(b.png)}}} |
| {{{p(c.png)}}} | {{{p(d.png)}}} |

> Specifically, I'm using
>
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :height 6cm
>
> to set the heights of the images. Can that work with a table somehow?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -pd

* Re: Images in tables?
@ 2014-03-29 18:08   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-03-29 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2014-03-29, o godz. 10:58:59
Feng Shu <tumashu@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:
>
> > I'm finishing a PDF document that will contain a number of screen
> > shots. I'd like to put them in a table to avoid just having them
> > arranged vertically on the page. Is there a way to do that?
>
> #+MACRO:  p   \includegraphics[scale=1]{$1}

I wouldn't use [scale=1] (it seems to depend on the resolution set up
properly in the bitmap file).  Why not use [height=2in] or [width=3cm]
etc.?

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski