On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Karl Voit wrote: > > I am using Org-mode to organize my contacts following > org-contacts.el[1] and a *lot* of additional properties. Those > things are so far »by convention« and I always wanted to sum it up > on WORG but did not find time for that. > Even with BBDB there are only few "standard" fields, and a tonne of custom fields. If conventions are only in naming the property fields that is trivially fixed through a config file (something I do already for the BBDB handlers). If you are interested in writing a sync module for Org-mode as well, > feel free to contact me. I am happy to describe you how I am > organizing contacts using Org-mode. > I am a beginner level org-mode user - I was away from Emacs for nearly 8 years and returned to find this fascinating and gigantic new development in the Emacs world :) But if you can document your contact structure, I could potentially implement it some point in the future. Do you use any import/export/sync code with org-contacts? -Karra