* Call for volunteer -- managing the publication setup wrt orgmode.org/worg and orgmode.org
@ 2013-04-28  7:01 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-28  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

next week, I will publish the version of Worg Jay and others
have been working on.  I will also try to clean up the server
configuration to make it stable and to have errors reported
accurately.

Then it would be good to have someone in charge of this.

This should not take too much time, because the goal is to let
the system work automatically.  But some occasional monitoring
and fixing is always needed---e.g., when someone pushes a change
that the server does not process correctly, etc.

The person needs to be able to connect through SSH, to know
Org-mode, to edit a crontab and an .emacs.el file.

Let me know if someone is willing to help for this!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Call for volunteer -- managing the publication setup wrt orgmode.org/worg and orgmode.org
@ 2013-04-28 15:28 ` Marc-Oliver Ihm
From: Marc-Oliver Ihm @ 2013-04-28 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

would this be enough ? :

- Monitor the list for problems with worg several times a week
- Run the export process once a week to explicitly look for problems
- Contact the authors of any problematic files
- Not really be able to greatly improve the exporting process itself,
   because of a lack of deeper exporter-knowledge :-)

If yes, then I would like to be counted among the volunteers.

best regards, Marc

@ 2013-04-29 14:50   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-29 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc-Oliver Ihm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marc,

that's great.  Jay is also okay to help here.  It's better to have one
person in charge and another one as a backup, so I suggest to announce
you will take this in charge and have Jay to help you in case.

Does it sound good to you?

Thanks!

--

@ 2013-04-29 16:25     ` Jay Kerns
From: Jay Kerns @ 2013-04-29 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Marc-Oliver Ihm, emacs-orgmode

Hello there,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> that's great.  Jay is also okay to help here.  It's better to have one
> person in charge and another one as a backup, so I suggest to announce
> you will take this in charge and have Jay to help you in case.
>
> Does it sound good to you?
>
> Thanks!

I am writing to confirm that yes, I would be happy to serve as Marc's
backup, as long as this is acceptable to him.  Marc, if this is OK
with you then full speed ahead!  Please let me know if I may be of any
assistance.

--
Jay

* Re: Call for volunteer -- managing the publication setup wrt orgmode.org/worg and orgmode.org
@ 2013-04-29 19:05       ` Marc Ihm
From: Marc Ihm @ 2013-04-29 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Kerns; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hi Jay,

Great ! I am looking forward to work with you !
First task will probably be to see, how worgs publishing-mechanism fits together :-)

best regards, Marc