Use : (require 'org-export) (require 'org-e-latex) (require 'org-e-beamer) M-x org-e-beamer-mode (to edit your slides) and M-x org-e-beamer-export-to-pdf to generate the pdf. Should work with H:3, I'm using it. Generally speaking, the new exporter seems more reliable than the regular one albeit there may be some discrepancies (sometimes, I need to kill my org buffer and visit the file again). Fabrice 2012/9/9 Robert P. J. Day > i've puzzled over the manual and can't seem to find the switch to > give me 3 section levels rather than the 2 i'm getting now. section > 11.1 in the manual reads: > >