I must add that there is one difference between my setup and ox-publish : I use PROPERTIES to parametrize my exports in several ways. I create several html pages and pdf files from subtrees. These pages need some navigation to be defined and I collect it by scanning the org file. I assemble the menu for the pages from this information. I'm not sure I could do that with ox-publish. It seems that if the pub-dir variable is bound at the time of export, then it is taken into account as the export dir. However I find it by reading the code. I expect that it is something that could change over time. Fabrice 2015-09-26 13:38 GMT+02:00 Fabrice Popineau : > Rasmus gmx.us> writes: > > > > > Fabrice Popineau gmail.com> writes: > > > > > Hi, > > > > > > Could it be made possible that the output file name when exporting > be > > > chosen by backend ? > > > Something like : > > > > > > :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: (by-backend (latex "PDFL2A/pdf/pdl2a.tex) (html > > > "PDFL2A/projets.html")) > > > > > > Am I missing another option here ? > > > > Could you use ox-publish? > > Possibly yes, I'm not sure. > > Actually, I find it easier to write a couple of elisp functions to > export a bunch of org files as a web site. I handle my courses material > this way. I have web pages (ox-html), slides (ox-reveal) and pdf files > (ox-latex). Sometimes I would like to produce both a pdf file and an > html file from the same org subtree. > > When I will have time, I'll take a look at ox-publish again. In the > meantime, I think that it would be more flexible to allow the exported > filename to be computed. OTOH, it is unsafe/unsecure. > > Fabrice > > > >