2016-10-04 15:11 GMT+02:00 Lawrence Bottorff : > I know lots of you use Emacs and org mode to prepare scholarly books and > papers, either doing the HTML or, more probably, the Latex export. > Question: Let's say I want to produce a math text with > Emacs/org-mode/Latex. What is the best way to make diagrams and images? > I've seen things like Inkscape and LibreOffice Draw. But then there is > Gnuplot and Tikz. Yes, what Tikz does seems optimal, but the learning curve > is a year's sabbatical. Just wondering what you people are using to do your > images. > Tikz (+stackoverflow to cut on the sabbatical year :-) ) most of the time. I'm not good at drawing with Inkscape. Emacs can be setup to preview tikz pictures in the Org buffer, which helps a lot. Fabrice