* Filtering Agenda View
@ 2012-09-05 18:50 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2012-09-05 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like my agenda to not show waiting items. I'm not sure of the best
way to implement this, but my current solution has been:

		  (agenda "" (
					  (org-agenda-overriding-header "Scheduled")
					  (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'regexp"WAITING"))
					  ))

However, this is too restrictive (too loose a filter). It skips TODO
items that are in state TODO but have recorded, somewhere in their
body, the word WAITING such as

   - State "WAITING"    from "TODO"       [2012-09-03 Mon 11:45]

I tried setting the regexp to "\ WAITING\ " but that did not fix it.

How can I improve the regexp, or is there a better way to show TODO
items that are TODO, STARTED, WHATEVER, but not WAITING (or not
WAITING and SOMETHINGELSE).

Thanks,

  -k.

* Re: Filtering Agenda View
@ 2012-09-06 16:27 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2012-09-06 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ken,

,----[ (describe-function 'org-agenda-skip-if) ]
| (org-agenda-skip-if SUBTREE CONDITIONS)
| [...]
| CONDITIONS is a list of symbols, boolean OR is used to combine the results
| from different tests.  Valid conditions are:
|
| scheduled     Check if there is a scheduled cookie
| notscheduled  Check if there is no scheduled cookie
| deadline      Check if there is a deadline
| notdeadline   Check if there is no deadline
| timestamp     Check if there is a timestamp (also deadline or scheduled)
| nottimestamp  Check if there is no timestamp (also deadline or scheduled)
| regexp        Check if regexp matches
| notregexp     Check if regexp does not match.
> todo          Check if TODO keyword matches
| nottodo       Check if TODO keyword does not match
|
| `todo' and `nottodo' accept as an argument a list of todo
| keywords, which may include "*" to match any todo keyword.
|
>     (org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'todo '("TODO" "WAITING"))
|
| would skip all entries with "TODO" or "WAITING" keywords.
|
| Instead of a list, a keyword class may be given.  For example:
|
|     (org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'nottodo 'done)
`----

Does that help?

Memnon

* Re: Filtering Agenda View
@ 2012-09-08 15:22   ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2012-09-08 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Memnon Anon
<gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Does that help?

It does perfectly. Thanks. That was an obvious one in the
documentation. Sorry for not finding it myself...

   -k.

* Re: Filtering Agenda View
@ 2012-09-09 12:04 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-09-09 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like my agenda to not show waiting items. I'm not sure of the best
> way to implement this, but my current solution has been:

Hi Ken,

I automatically set a waiting tag when changing state to WAITING so I
can easily filter these out.  This tag is inherited so any subtasks of
the waiting parent are also filtered.  See
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.tml for details of my setup.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Filtering Agenda View
@ 2012-09-10  0:18   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-09-10  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> I automatically set a waiting tag when changing state to WAITING so I
> can easily filter these out.  This tag is inherited so any subtasks of
> the waiting parent are also filtered.  See
> http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.tml for details of my setup.

Here's the correct link:

http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#ToDoStateTriggers

Regards,