I'd like to have either a macro or a property that controls some behavior of an org-mode babel file: #+PROPERTY: report_type All and use that property inline: {{{property(report_type)}}} and in a source block: #+NAME: rtype #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value {{{property(report_type)}}} #+END_SRC And use that source block: The report type is call_rtype()[:results raw] But this doesn't work, I get "Symbol's value as variable is void: {{{property Is there any way to interpolate macros or properties into a source block like this? Or is there a better way for me to set org-mode "global variables" at the top of my file? -- Gary