There is a neat solution to this problem using * Local Variables :noexport: see the discussion at stackoverflow Cheers, Steven On Wed, 7 Sept 2022 at 05:07, Greg Minshall wrote: > Fedja, > > > What I would like to have, to safely and easily use org-mode > > as an interactive notebook, is to not have to overload this > > function and to be asked only once per buffer/file whether to: > > 1) Unconditionally allow executing all code blocks > > 2) Unconditionally disallow executing all code blocks > > 3) Ask for every block. > > i think that is an interesting idea, and maybe a more pleasant user > interface than what we currently have. > > probably, for me, it would allow me to drop a number of buffer-local > variable customizations, as i'm typically evaluating code in a given > buffer over and over again (and, so, would be happy to pay the price of > saying "yes" once per buffer (per emacs instance). > > i'd be curious to hear what the downsides might be, especially anyone > who sees security-related downsides. > > Ihor, > > > 1) You can set org-confirm-babel-evaluate buffer-locally > > 2) Same or set :eval no header arg. (see > > https://orgmode.org/org.html#Evaluating-Code-Blocks) > > 3) You can set :eval query header arg. > > for me the use case is 1) disabling all (or setting to "query") when, > e.g., you are exporting some file you received via e-mail and so trust > *none* of the code blocks; 2) enabling all for some file that you > yourself maintain, and so trust *all* the code blocks. at least > initially, this seems a nice direction. > > cheers, Greg > >