I might add that a properties/drawer is a sort of "official heading metadata repo," while tags not so much. It would be nice to see (lots of) examples. On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 9:18 AM Ken Mankoff wrote: > > On 2019-12-19 at 22:24 -08, Lawrence Bottorff > wrote... > > Very simple, largely philosophical question: When/why use a properties > > drawer below a heading versus just using tags on the heading? What are > > the advantages, disadvantages of both? > > Tags are binary. They are there or not. > > Property drawers allow you to assign values to variables. > > I've never fully understood why some property drawers are set to binary. > For controlling LaTeX export I have both a property ":clearpage: t" and a > tag ":ignore:", and the tag makes more sense to me. Some of those may only > exist in my personal config. > > -k. >