I've looked at the gnuplot mode 2014 github site -- and no issues seem to have been addressed by the owner in recent years. Will try to debug myself. On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 1:09 AM Fraga, Eric wrote: > Thanks for the long explanation. I am using the 2014 version of > gnuplot-mode and gnuplot 5.2. > > gnuplot-mode has a customizable variable, gnuplot-program, which > specifies which command to execute to start gnuplot. The default value > for this variable, at least in the 2014 version, is simply "gnuplot" so > it will pick up the default gnuplot on Linux (if there is more than one > version installed, I imagine that /etc/alternatives will be used to > identify the default). > > If you think the wrong gnuplot is being picked up, maybe customize this > variable? What do you get if you simply invoke "M-x run-gnuplot"? > > -- > Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.3-327-g3375f0 >