I'm taking a closer look at Eric Neilsen's "Emacs org-mode examples and cookbook," specifically the org file Eric sent me. And right off the bat I see something interesting: ** General metadata An initial group sets the metadata used in any title pages, headers, footers, etc. used by the various exporters: #+NAME: orgmode-header-metadata #+BEGIN_SRC org #+TITLE: Emacs org-mode examples #+AUTHOR: Eric H. Neilsen, Jr. #+EMAIL: neilsen@fnal.gov #+END_SRC . . . which shows up in the final html version as just #+TITLE: Emacs org-mode examples #+AUTHOR: Eric H. Neilsen, Jr. #+EMAIL: neilsen@fnal.gov Why did he use what looks like babel source formatting? What is gained from having org "code" as literate programming? Any docs talking specifically about this, best practices? My first guess is he's just using this as an org-to-html formatting convention, but, again, how much of "org code" (whatever we call "org code") can I put in babel source containers? LB