Well, at least there is a sane explanation. Ironically, I was also about to complain about all my loose ">"s getting flagged. So they are related! Would there be a way to make an exception for < and > inside of actual code forms? Languages need them for "greater than" and "less than". On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 4:39 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Marco Wahl writes: > > > Using < and > as parenthesis in Org is questionable, I think. > > In Org syntax, < and > often come in pair (timestamps, some links, > targets, radio targets). There is at least some interest in the current > behaviour. > > > Also this behavior is not documented AFAICT. > > I don't think you can document every single detail. Even if it was > possible, it wouldn't be desirable. > > > What about removing this special? Or does anyone enjoy this behavior? > > This needs to be carefully tested and weighted. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >