I can see that an "incident" can be seen as a TODO; indeed, anything event can start as a TODO, then move on in status to one of your other org-todo-keyword entries. Question: When I start the TODO process, and then update the status, once or more times, finally, perhaps with DONE, is there a record of this "Werdegang," this process? On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 7:50 PM Samuel Wales wrote: > i have no right to respond as i have 483 scheduleds and 28 deadlines > and i get lost even trying to get one thing done per week, but i just > wanted to add to the advice so far. > > there is org-edna for dependencies. org-depend also, but i think it > lacks the feature of scheduling a remote org-id header once a local > one is doneified. > > it is useful to stick inactive timestamps at boh on headlines, so you > can do all sorts of things like visually bisect to find what you are > looking for, search only the visible headlines, etc. this makes for > good logging. [others will recommend date trees instead.] > > i like this type of discussion as we have had few of them in the last > 8 years or so and there is much insight for usage and even fodder for > better features or refactoring, i think. > > gtd is too labor-intensive for myself, but others will suggest reading > materials if you think it fits. > > org is flexible so it's really a toolkit for figuring out your own > structures. i'd suggest not getting too fancy at first because yagni > sometimes applies. > > === > > i find it useful to think of my org forest as an ontology of > representations of preferably physical objects that become canonical > locations in it. > > thus, your washer is one holon [subtree] and you always know where to > refile to for it. then you don't need tags as much; you can use org > id links to make the forest a digraph. location determines identity. > > this is in contrast to, for example "stuff to do for maintenance". > > -- > The Kafka Pandemic > > What is misopathy? > > https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html >