On 6 Oct 2011 21:46, "Achim Gratz" wrote: > > Brian van den Broek writes: > > It wouldn't stun me were orgmode already able to do what I have in > > mind, but trying it and consulting the fine manual didn't suggest that > > it does. > [snip] > > I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve, but it seems that > you could define a keyboard macro for that?> Hi Achim, Thanks for the reply. Indeed one could and perhaps I ought to have; my data was irregular, so I didn't have the hope of quickly creating a robust macro. Since I had to select regions by hand, a macro didn't seem worth it for the kill, invocation of the datetime prompt, and yank within. It just seemed that since orgmode parse text yanked into the dt prompt, it would be in keeping with the general spirit of the mode to parse selected text, too. But, as I said, it isn't a big deal. I've weak elisp and know nothing of orgs internals. But, if there's no uptake, maybe that'd be a small enough coding task for ?e to take some steps to learning :-) Best, Brian vdB