* how to manage org-ids for many org files scattered on system
@ 2012-02-04  1:09 Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2012-02-04  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've started having a lot of org files in various locations across my
system, and I am wondering how others manage keeping track of global
ids in this situation.

I am aware of org-id-extra-files, but adding things by hand has
started to seem a bit painful. Additionally, as some projects are
done, their dedicated org files go away (content is moved to a common
archive org file) and I know I won't always remember to delete the
relevant entires in org-id-extra-files.

So far, the best I can figure is to write a script that runs as a
chron job and uses the results of appropriate find commands to
generate a small .el file that sets org-id-extra-files and that itself
gets loaded as a library in my .emacs.

What do others do? Additionally, anyone have any light to shed on how
long org-id-extra-files can get (how much data it can point to) before
org-id-update-id-locations gets bogged down?

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-02-04  1:09 UTC | newest]