On Fri, Jul 2, 2021, 5:48 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > "Bruce D'Arcus" writes: > > > BTW, you may already be thinking this, but you may as well add completion > > from the files registered with OC at this point. :-) > > > > Only having the completion table populated with in-document keys won't be > > very useful, particularly in a new document. > > The completion table is populated by all the keys in the bibliography. > It is not limited to in-document keys. > Oh good. Let me revise then. Rather than just completing the key, how about something like: ("title author date" . "key") E.g. look up against the data, and return the key. It's hard to remember keys if you have hundreds or thousands. In bibtex-actions, I added some hidden data to the search string, including the key, to ensure uniqueness. > If you do, ideally it would be extensible/configurable. > > > > Or is the latter already the case? > > I am a bit lost. Would you mind explaining what should be > extensible/configurable? > For example, plug in a different completion table or function? > OTOH, IDK how much you feel the need to get everything done before merger, > > or whether some pieces can wait? > > I'd like to add support for JSON bibliography in Org Cite Basic first. > Makes sense. Bruce I'm also wondering if some integration with pcomplete (M-/) is > warranted. It may not be with an efficient enough insertion function. > Maybe this can wait. > > Otherwise, I'm mostly done. > > Regards, >