* oc-biblatex too aggressive in replacing styles
@ 2021-11-28 17:01 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2021-11-28 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Thanks for providing ox-biblatex.

It works very well and has replaced my local hacks for LaTeX
bibliographies.

However, I think it is currently too aggressive in overwriting styles.

Could it perhaps accept any style that is given in
‘org-cite-biblatex-options’ / ‘org-latex-packages-alist’ and only
overwrite it if another style is explicitly specified in the file to be
exported?

A bit like how ox-koma-letter looks for in-buffer changed values.

Currently, the only way I have found that I can specify that I want to use
biblatex-chicago is by issuing

    #+cite_export: biblatex chicago-authordate

But this is a bit blunt as it overrules ‘org-cite-export-processors’ and
thus biblatex is used for e.g. text export (of course I can replicate
org-cite-export-processors with a macro that looks at the current export
backend).

(If you want I am happy to try to work on this)

Thanks,
Rasmus

Example:

    See [cite/t:@OrgCitations]

    #+bibliography: lit.bib

    # only way to "actuallyhicago:
    #+cite_export: biblatex chicago-authordate
    * settings :noexport:
    #+begin_src emacs-lisp
      (require 'oc-biblatex)
      ;; test 1:  style is gobbled
      ;; (setq org-cite-biblatex-options "style=chicago-authordate, maxcitenames=2")
      ;; test 2:  style is gobbled
      ;; (setq org-latex-packages-alist '(("style=chicago-authordate, maxcitenames=2" "biblatex")))
      ;; test 3: biblatex and biblatex-chicago are both loaded
      ;; (setq org-latex-packages-alist '(("authordate" "biblatex-chicago")))
    #+end_src

--
9000!