* [org-cite] issues with org-cite-make-insert-processor select-style
@ 2021-07-21 15:14 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-07-21 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

I have run into a problem in implementing a "select-style" function
for an org-cite-insert-processor.

The WIP code is here:

https://github.com/bdarcus/bibtex-actions/pull/182

It was running correctly yesterday morning, but now it doesn't.

I have two related issues:

1. I think, but am not sure, I may have run into a bug in
org-cite-make-insert-processor, as the function I am using for the
select-style parameter runs correctly outside of the insert processor,
and returns the same results as the "org-cite-basic--complete-style"
function. But when I uncomment the parameter to use it on the org-cite
insert processor, it not only doesn't work correctly, but Emacs won't
even load fully.

2. The error I get "wrong type" is so general it literally took me
hours to realize it was coming from this function; I was looking
elsewhere for the issue.

So if I'm right about a bug, obviously it would be great if that could be fixed.

But better error handling and reporting would also be really great.

Bruce

PS - I"m still learning elisp, and so am not super knowledgeable about
debugging in general. If anyone has any tips on that, that could help
me narrow down the source of the error, that would be much
appreciated.