Yes, it seems to do what I have in mind. Very nice! All I have had in mind, up to now, is a way to visit the file directly from Capture, without needing to use org-agenda. Thank you, Alan On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 2:38 PM Kyle Meyer wrote: > Alan E. Davis writes: > > > It surely must be possible to use the capture mechanism to browse the > > captured material. > > > > I use Org-Mode almost every day, usually in capturing notes to a large > > number of dedicated files. My capture templates many---too many, > perhaps. > > It would be really useful to be able to browse the files associated with > > these templates directly through the capture mechanism. > > > > Has this been implemented? > > I'm not sure I have a clear picture of what you have in mind, but > perhaps org-capture's GOTO prefix argument does at least some of what > you're after. > -- "This ignorance about the limits of the earth's ability to absorb pollutants should be reason enough for caution in the release of polluting substances." ---Meadows et al. 1972. Limits to Growth . (p. 81)