I am certain this is a silly thought, one of those I could spend enough hours on to complete several projects! I just realized that my process for making up headlines gets clumsy when I'm actually trying to write a narrative. A related "problem" or issue is the need to extract headlines from a several page essay when rewriting or reorganizing. It occurs to me that a function is needed, maybe two: one to take the current headline (while typing it) and duplicate it in a new paragraph in the body. Perhaps it would, at some point of absurdity, be possible to also automatically set a tag to not export the headline. The second function would be to duplicate the first few words of a line and make a headline above. I think I can easily make an elisp function to do these things. Does something smarter already exist? Thank you, Alan Davis