I am reconstructing events during over 40 years of my life. I have a capture template as follows, that isn't working out well: ("t" "Timeline " entry (file+headline "Timeline.org" "Timeline Incoming ") "* %^{Salient Event} %? Captured: %U" :prepend t :unnarrowed t) One would rather would like to use a the date entry (calendar display) interface; however, in many cases, I can, at least immediately, only remember the year, or month and year. Suggestions would be appreciated, how to organize such a project. And, how to integrate a date with only a year into a timeline, as well as month and year, and specific dates. The answer is not obvious to me. Alan Davis