* Update for MobileOrg iOS v1.7 released
@ 2017-01-31  3:58 Sean Escriva
From: Sean Escriva @ 2017-01-31  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Hello fellow Org users,

After beta testing several builds, the latest updated version of MobileOrg
for iOS has finally been released:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobileorg/id634225528?mt=8

Functionality is essentially the same as the previous version, just
refreshed the various SDKs and updated the Dropbox API due to Dropbox
deprecating v1.

Please report any bugs to Github:
https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg/issues

Much thanks to Mario Martelli and Boris for their invaluable help getting
this release ready.

Sean

* Re: Update for MobileOrg iOS v1.7 released
@ 2017-01-31  8:56 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2017-01-31  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Escriva; +Cc: org-mode

On 2017-01-31 03:58, Sean Escriva <sean.escriva@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello fellow Org users,
>
> After beta testing several builds, the latest updated version of
> MobileOrg for iOS has finally been released:
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobileorg/id634225528?mt=8
>
> Functionality is essentially the same as the previous version, just
> refreshed the various SDKs and updated the Dropbox API due to Dropbox
> deprecating v1.
>
> Please report any bugs to Github: https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg/issues
>
> Much thanks to Mario Martelli and Boris for their invaluable help
> getting this release ready.

Thanks a lot for this release. I just gave it a try and it works great.

I have a question about how to choose what to synchronize. Looking at
the documentation, it seems to be through the index.org file. I tried to
modify that file but everything is reset at the next org-mobile-push. So
I tried to set some variables like this:

(setq org-mobile-agendas nil)
(setq org-mobile-files nil)

and I still have a lot of agendas.

Is it possible to configure org-mobile to have no agenda at all?

(My goal is to start adding things one by one as I need them, I have too
many org files, and too big agendas, to sync them all.)

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2016-12: 404.48, 2015-12: 401.85

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Update for MobileOrg iOS v1.7 released
@ 2017-01-31 18:28 ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2017-01-31 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Escriva; +Cc: org-mode

Hi guys,

On 31 January 2017 at 04:58, Sean Escriva <sean.escriva@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello fellow Org users,
>
> After beta testing several builds, the latest updated version of MobileOrg
> for iOS has finally been released: https://itunes.
> apple.com/us/app/mobileorg/id634225528?mt=8

Works like a charm

Thanks for your efforts and dedication!

Guido

@ 2017-02-01  4:36   ` Sean Escriva
From: Sean Escriva @ 2017-02-01  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: org-mode

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:56 AM Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org>
wrote:

> On 2017-01-31 03:58, Sean Escriva <sean.escriva@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello fellow Org users,
> >
> > After beta testing several builds, the latest updated version of
> > MobileOrg for iOS has finally been released:
> > https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobileorg/id634225528?mt=8
> >
> > Functionality is essentially the same as the previous version, just
> > refreshed the various SDKs and updated the Dropbox API due to Dropbox
> > deprecating v1.
> >
> > Please report any bugs to Github:
> https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg/issues
> >
> > Much thanks to Mario Martelli and Boris for their invaluable help
> > getting this release ready.
>
> Thanks a lot for this release. I just gave it a try and it works great.
>
> I have a question about how to choose what to synchronize. Looking at
> the documentation, it seems to be through the index.org file. I tried to
> modify that file but everything is reset at the next org-mobile-push. So
> I tried to set some variables like this:
>
> (setq org-mobile-agendas nil)
> (setq org-mobile-files nil)
>
> and I still have a lot of agendas.

This is actually the behavior defined by org-mobile.el in the function
org-mobile-push:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/org-mobile.el#n306
the actual file is created here:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/org-mobile.el#n662

Is it possible to configure org-mobile to have no agenda at all?

By default, not that I know of.
Perhaps there's some way to advise org-mobile-create-sumo-agenda to do
something different or essentially nothing, but I generally try to avoid
that.

> (My goal is to start adding things one by one as I need them, I have too
> many org files, and too big agendas, to sync them all.)

Perhaps you could look at defining a function for org-mobile-pre-push-hook
to empty zero out org-agenda-files, then restore the value in the post-push
hook. I've never tried that though so I don't know how if it would really
work or what side effects there could be.
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/org-mobile.el#n202

@ 2017-02-02 10:43     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2017-02-02 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Escriva; +Cc: org-mode

On 2017-02-01 04:36, Sean Escriva <sean.escriva@gmail.com> writes:

> This is actually the behavior defined by org-mobile.el in the function org-mobile-push:
> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/org-mobile.el#n306
> the actual file is created here: http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/org-mobile.el#n662

I'm trying to understand how the code works, and I'm confused. In
`org-mobile-sumo-agenda-command', if I have `org-mobile-agendas' set to
nil, I should have `thelist' set to nil also. Then the beginning of the
while loop has `e' equal to nil, which seems wrong (the while loop
should not run at all), and the default case is used with e being nil.
Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Alan

--