* restoring clocks: should it work when the file is closed/opened and when emacs is restarted?
@ 2012-11-09 18:28 Kevin Buchs
From: Kevin Buchs @ 2012-11-09 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I am keeping clocking information in an org-mode file. With a clock in
progress, I save the file, indicate I don't want to clock out and
close emacs. When I restart emacs and open the file, I get the message
"Restoring clock data", but when I try to clock out of the current
task it complains: "byte-code: No active clock". Is this the expected
behavior?

My init file has these relevant statements:
       (setq org-clock-persist 'history) ; save clocks when exiting
       (org-clock-persistence-insinuate) ; restore clocks when starting

(and I can reduce my init file to be about 5 lines in testing and I
see the same behavior: only other commands are setting up load-path to
hit my custom build of org-mode)