I tend to agree. It might also be better to enable it by default. At the same time I'm not very familiar with org code base, so I'm probably not the best person to do it. Btw, the current version of org-bullets makes it possible to use a separate face for the bullets. It might make sense to implement that as well. Evgeni On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Bastien wrote: > E Sabof writes: > > > What is the current status of the package? Was it accepted? Was it > > superseded? > > org-bullets.el is in the contrib/ directory. > > > If it wasn't superseded, I might spend some time re-implementing it. > > I think it would be nice to adapt Jambunathan's solution for Org's > core: something like a `org-replace-leading-stars' that, when non-nil, > would be used as the char/string for compose-region. Then users could > turn this on/off using #+STARTUP. > > What do you think? > > -- > Bastien >