In any case, I've updated org-bullets to use compose-region. You can get it from here: https://github.com/sabof/org-bullets Evgeni On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM, E Sabof wrote: > I tend to agree. It might also be better to enable it by default. At the > same time I'm not very familiar with org code base, so I'm probably not the > best person to do it. > > Btw, the current version of org-bullets makes it possible to use a > separate face for the bullets. It might make sense to implement that as > well. > > Evgeni > > > On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Bastien wrote: > >> E Sabof writes: >> >> > What is the current status of the package? Was it accepted? Was it >> > superseded? >> >> org-bullets.el is in the contrib/ directory. >> >> > If it wasn't superseded, I might spend some time re-implementing it. >> >> I think it would be nice to adapt Jambunathan's solution for Org's >> core: something like a `org-replace-leading-stars' that, when non-nil, >> would be used as the char/string for compose-region. Then users could >> turn this on/off using #+STARTUP. >> >> What do you think? >> >> -- >> Bastien >> > >