* export image generated by python code.
@ 2012-04-30 13:54 Khoroshyy Petro
From: Khoroshyy Petro @ 2012-04-30 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all.
After some struggle, I can see inline pictures  in my org file.
The problem was python execution. If I execure the code in python-mode
shell, it generates a picture.
I the code executed via C-c C-c, the output picture file is empty.
I still do not know how to solve it.

And I have encountered another problem. The 'result' image is not
exported, even if I add play with :export option.

Any recommendations how to solve those?
Thanks
Petro
#+BEGIN_SRC python :file estimated_spectra_cl.png
  import pylab
  from scipy import optimize
  import numpy as np
  import pylab as plt
  plt.figure()
  plt.plot(spectra[:,0],spectra[:,1:])
  plt.grid(1)
  # plt.show()
  plt.savefig("estimated_spectra_cl.png",dpi=100)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
[[file:estimated_spectra_cl.png]]

* Re: export image generated by python code.
@ 2012-04-30 15:14 ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2012-04-30 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Remember that when you execute the code via "C-c C-c" it is run in a
temporary file which is not in the same folder as the org file from where
it was generated from. Maybe you are reading some data from a file and
Python is not able to locate the file when run with "C-c C-c".

Put ":results output" in the header and then print the current working
directory to see what I mean. If this is the problem, use the full path to
load any data you need in the python code. Remember you can use variables
in org-babel to pass this path to python, such as ":var
datapath="some_path_or_lisp_function_to_get_the_path" in the babel header..

--
Darlan

@ 2012-05-02 19:10   ` Khoroshyy Petro
From: Khoroshyy Petro @ 2012-05-02 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Darlan.
Thanks for you response.
I am aware of the working folder differences and use absolute path in
my scripts.
I have found a workaround  in this mailing list:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-06/msg00156.html
This solves my problem with inline images in results. Have not tried
exports yet.

#+begin_src python :results output raw :exports results
  import numpy, matplotlib, matplotlib.pyplot
  figure = matplotlib.pyplot.figure()

  axes = figure.add_subplot(111, title=u"Hello", xlabel="x", ylabel="y")

  x = numpy.arange(-10, 10, 0.1)
  axes.plot(x, x**2)
  figure.savefig("/tmp/plot_test.png")
  figure.clf()
  print "["+"[/tmp/plot_test.png]]"
#+end_src

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
<darcamo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Remember that when you execute the code via "C-c C-c" it is run in a
> temporary file which is not in the same folder as the org file from where
> it was generated from. Maybe you are reading some data from a file and
> Python is not able to locate the file when run with "C-c C-c".
>
> Put ":results output" in the header and then print the current working
> directory to see what I mean. If this is the problem, use the full path to
> load any data you need in the python code. Remember you can use variables
> in org-babel to pass this path to python, such as ":var
> datapath="some_path_or_lisp_function_to_get_the_path" in the babel header..
>
> --
> Darlan
>
> At Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:54:34 +0200,
> Khoroshyy Petro <khoroshyy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>> After some struggle, I can see inline pictures  in my org file.
>> The problem was python execution. If I execure the code in python-mode
>> shell, it generates a picture.
>> I the code executed via C-c C-c, the output picture file is empty.
>> I still do not know how to solve it.
>>
>> And I have encountered another problem. The 'result' image is not
>> exported, even if I add play with :export option.
>>
>> Any recommendations how to solve those?
>> Thanks
>> Petro
>> #+BEGIN_SRC python :file estimated_spectra_cl.png
>>   import pylab
>>   from scipy import optimize
>>   import numpy as np
>>   import pylab as plt
>>   plt.figure()
>>   plt.plot(spectra[:,0],spectra[:,1:])
>>   plt.grid(1)
>>   # plt.show()
>>   plt.savefig("estimated_spectra_cl.png",dpi=100)
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+RESULTS:
>> [[file:estimated_spectra_cl.png]]

--